Summer

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

I had such a wonderful weekend.
Frank was so nice to keep the kids (one of which was sick) all weekend so I could go to Austin with the girls. Not anything too exciting. We went to a cake show, ate at some really good restaurants (no Dexter I did not have Chicken strips the entire time), and did some shopping in Saledo. I think the best part was no one asked me for anything all weekend, tugged on my leg, asked me to prepare food or change their diaper!
I know it probably doesn't sound like much, but it was very rejuvenating. Monday I noticed I was more patient with the kids and enjoyed the little things that usually irritate me. Without Frank I never could have done this, I love that Frank is a true partner which allows me to get some time away.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those refreshing weekends? All that time wanting a moment to yourself and then while away you just think about missing the fam. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's "Uncle" Dexter to you!
    Aren't you glad I made you expand your horizons?
    I think you should post about your San Francisco restaurant experience ... I'd like to hear it from your point of view ;)

    ReplyDelete