Summer

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Detergent Update

OK
I know you have all been on pens and needles wondering about my homemade detergent and dishwasher soap.
WELL (DRUMROLL).....
Laundry - No problems. It cleans just as good as Tide. I have not used this batch on T's clothes yet because I made it with a strong soap. I am making a batch this weekend with Ivory soap because I will be able to use it on all his stuff. I have not tried the vinegar for softner yet because I am in the middle of a bottle of Downy, but as soon as it is gone we will. I do miss the smell of Tide, but I am going this weekend to get Orange Essential Oil to add to my detergent and cleaning products for a clean scent. Also in honor of Earth Day (or Week in our house) we are not using our dryer (the biggest energy sucker) unless absolutely necessary. We are drying all of our clothes outside!
Dishwasher - Same result, no big problems. I did notice a film on my glasses, but I also noticed my Jet Dry was empty. So I have refilled it and that solved the problem. I also have not tried the Vinegar in the dishwasher as a rinse agent, but as soon as my jet dry is gone we will try that as well.
So Far So Good we are going to try household cleaners next. I will post recipes as I find and try them.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Cassey! Drying your clothes outside?!? You're a braver woman than I!

    ReplyDelete