Summer

Monday, February 16, 2009

Lily's Green Thumb

Lily definatly did not get her green thumb from me! I am actually very suprised my children are still alive, but they cry when hungry and plants don't.
Our Roma tomatos began to sprout on Saturday night and they actually have leaves today! We are so excited about our garden this year. It reminds me alot of Papa & Granny Barnett. In fact we planted purple hull peas just so we could sit on the back poarch this summer and snap them. I still remember the garden at their house and picking veggies in the summer time. Unfortunatly living in the city (yes Forney qualifies as a city) my children will never experience the real thing, but we will get as close as we can.

1 comment:

  1. OK. Now I'm feeling left out of the gardening world. You guys must tell me how to start it since my husband wont help me. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete