Summer

Sunday, September 18, 2011

We Plan and God Laughs

I had the full realization this week that I can plan to my hearts content, but if it's not in God's plan then I am just wasting my time.  I will be the first one to admit I am a planner.  I love to make lists and organize things and keep a neat calendar, it keeps me sane.  Its not that I don't trust God, but for some reason I just feel the need to have everything planned. 
A few months ago yall read that Frank and I had decided not to have any more children, but to focus attention on the 2 we have and on therapy for Thomas.  We prayed and thought this was the way God was leading us.  If I am completely honest at the time I still really wanted to have a baby and my prayer was that if it was meant to be God would soften Frank's heart to having another child.  But we agreed right now was not a good time to plan a baby when Lily and Thomas needed us so much.  Now I can picture God just sitting up there saying, "You have no idea what I have planned for you!" 
On Tuesday morning of this week, much to our surprise Frank and I found out we were going to have another baby.  We were shocked, and excited, and overwhelmed!  This was a complete surprise to us, but not to Him.  He has always had this baby planned for us, just as he had Lily and Thomas planned for us.  A baby is a blessing, even when it is not our plan it was His plan from the beginning.  And we know that all He does is good. 
We are all very excited.  This week seems to have gone in slow motion!  Lily is so excited to be a big sister and I think she has told every teacher and staff member at her school!  Thomas doesn't really understand what is going on, but I am sure he will before the baby is born.  Frank and I are also very excited, a little afraid because the kids will outnumber us! For some reason I feel like I am already behind in my planning!  Like the baby is going to be here next week or something!  Told yall I was a planner!  I don't necessarily think being a planner is a bad thing as long as you understand ultimately God is in control.  We know God loves us and this baby is a wonderful blessing!

1 comment: